Welcome / Bienvenu

This blog drags together, into one swirling maelstrom of crackling energy, my various wargames interests. There are links on the top right to my other blogs, each more calmly dedicated to one particular gaming universe.

I post on Fridays. The idea is that when I post a painted figure, it stays up for two weeks; a battle report, a terrain project, or a few lines on whatever happens to be the whim of the moment, is up for a week.

The pages at the top of the blog contain historical information on the periods that interest me. They are primarily an aid to my poor memory, and not meant to be in any way exhaustive, nor necessarily correct.

I hope this blog offers you much enjoyment and some inspiration !

vendredi 27 mars 2015

15mm French (1812-1815)

I play both Lasalle and Tactique with my 15mm Napoleonics.  When playing Tactique I stick with the 4-base units I use in Lasalle, there is a whole nerdy thing about the shako pompons that doesn't work if I field three-base units  ; )  Anyway, even when playing Tactique I use markers for losses rather than removing bases as it looks silly otherwise.

Be warned, I love painting Napoleonics but I have only shaky knowledge on the various uniform changes the French army went through, so anything that follows may be entirely wrong !

These four Line Battalions (lovely Eureka Miniatures) wear the Bardin regulation uniform, so are correctly equipped for the 1812-1815 period.


The skirmishers serve as markers for the skirmish value in Lasalle, and also come in handy for Tactique to distinguish between units deployed as "Light Infantry" and those deployed as "Line Infantry".

So as to play, however, a larger time frame, I have also painted up a unit in the all-blue Light Infantry uniform, a line unit wearing overcoats, and another line unit with the 1808-1811 shako cords.  Hence I can get away with playing the 1809 campaign, whilst for 1812-1814, I can claim they are units brought up from the Peninsular and thrown into action before receiving the new uniform. Canny, huh ?  The Light Infantry are AB Miniatures.



2 units of Dragoons (AB Miniatures) stand ready to crush all resistance.  I'll add some light cavalry at some point :


Obviously, before the cavalry ride in, the enemy has been softened up by the artillery.  I can field four batteries in all (AB):


The General Staff (AB) who make all the right choices at the wrong moments :



The Duchy of Nassau was part of the Confederation of the Rhine.  Nassau troops fought in the Peninsular War; they changed sides in 1815, however, and found themselves fighting the French at Quatre Bras.

I painted these guys for two reasons : first of all because I love the diversity of the Confederation of the Rhine troops, and also because we ran a Quatre-Bras game.

The Nassau battalions were of a fairly large complement, so I field them as 6-base units in Lasalle.  For Tactique, I plan to add some house rules for large battalions that take up 2 hexes, so I shall no doubt play them that way too.



4 commentaires:

  1. Ouah ! Sans le titre, j'aurais cru à du 28 mm ! Tout cela est admirable,simplement magnifique ! C'est à la fois lumineux et contrasté ! Pour un peu, ça me ferait aimer le Napo ;-) Félicitations !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Très belles unités, mention spéciale pour ma part aux bataillons de ligne...

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. très beau travail de peinture sur des figos très bien gravées.chapeau bas!

    RépondreSupprimer